Jiggle the Handle

What do men and women think in the bathroom? Look at a blog that examines what men and women think. We're a real couple with real, practical ideas about relationships.

Monday, September 18, 2006

Ignorance Is Bliss

As usual, I’m forced to ignore my wife, and apparently all of you out there who manage to ignore everyone else. No wonder there are so many wars and human suffering. No one is listening to anyone. I don’t know why I’m surprised by this. I’m a teacher. I spend the whole day saying stuff that people won’t listen to. Until you’ve taught, you don’t fully feel the frustration of saying the same thing twelve times and still not being heard. Between my wife and my students, I have the patience of Job (he’s a Bible character with great patience).

Now, on to my main point… I’ve covered this in the past on my personal blog, but I figured I’d bring it up here because I think this format is more fitting for the subject matter of having a daughter. Yes, I know she’s only like two or something, but you can never start planning too early.

In my own blog, I laid out a plan of fear, intimidation, and gender issues to prevent my daughter from having any life involving the opposite sex. As I sit here listening to “Rock Your Body” by Justin Timerlake, and just having finished listening to “I Loved Her First” by Heartland, I realize that I will be as effective at controlling my daughter as the Empire was at destroying the Rebel Alliance. As Leia said, “The more you tighten your grip, Tarkin, the more star systems will slip through your fingers.” I’m Tarkin, and my daughter are these supposed “systems.” Get it?

(We interrupt your normal programming so that we may bring you some silliness… I am watching Monday Night Football as I write this, and, in an attempt to do…something, I’m not sure what, the folks at ESPN just gave an “anatomy” lesson about the appendix on Monday Night Freaking Football! What the hell?)

Where was I? Oh, yes… I wasn’t anywhere. I was making stupid Star Wars analogies and wasting everyone’s time. No wonder my wife and everyone else doesn’t listen to me. Have a good night…

Chris

Note: As for the picture, are you really surprised? Come on, really!

3 Comments:

At 6:39 AM, Blogger twobuyfour said...

Chris, Chris, Chris. You can't expect people to listen to you when you draw parallels between your own life, and fictional Star Wars scenarios.

You've got to use Star TREK to reach the masses.

Der.

 
At 12:01 PM, Blogger Carrie said...

LOL 2X4, you are too much. Oh what was I going to say?

Oh you said your daughter is two or something? What is with that? Do you not know or do you not listen?

I listen to you but I get lost sometimes when you blog. You are kind of confusing.

 
At 5:34 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Chris, let's tackle potty training first. Because frankly, no guy is going to want to date a girl in diapers. No wait!! There is your solution!! Just don't potty train her! She will be a social pariah by like age 6!! Problem solved.

(And he knows how old she is, I am sure of this. He is trying to be funny. Ha ha. :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home