Jiggle the Handle

What do men and women think in the bathroom? Look at a blog that examines what men and women think. We're a real couple with real, practical ideas about relationships.

Sunday, August 27, 2006

It's On!

Well, I so didn’t want to go there, but he did, it’s done, and now IT’S ON! You wanna talk inlaws? Where to begin.

They live in Roswell. Yes, you heard me, the land of aliens. Actually, they quite fit in down there I believe, and you will too by the time I’m done.

Really and truly, I know that his parents are still his parents no matter what, and it has forced me to find the good in them, which I work hard to do. My MIL visited at the end of July and she was hacking a lung up sick. Of course we would never tell her not to come, she is from 2000 (rough guesstimate, geography is not my strong suit) miles away, and has only met her granddaughter twice. None the less, Abigail and I spent the 2 weeks after her visit sick as dogs. Thanks so much MIL.

The best part is, I’m certain she got some satisfaction out of knowing I was sick. The woman hates me. And, I had to spend the days with her all. by.myself. Did you hear me, I said all by myself. How demented is that?

The positives? I’m really stretching here, but the woman was so sick that she took 2 naps a day on my couch. That means less time interacting. That is a positive. That also means my whole entire house was INFECTED. The place where I spend most of my nights was completely infested with.her.germs. Ick. The other positive was that we ate some good meals out that we didn’t have to pay for and she bought a months worth of diapers. All in all, I think we were fairly compensated for the visit.

Hubby says I’m crazy, the she doesn’t hate me, but I know better. It is the stereotypical MIL/DIL relationship. It is in a permanent state of strain or even flat out dislike. She does not like me. I took her baby away. (Insert rolling eyes here) Truth is, he was not ever going back, ever. Regardless of whether he met me, someone else, a gay monkey, or no one, he was not going back there. So, it is my firm stance that she needs to get over it.

The father in law, well, he at least likes me a little bit more. But let me tell you, I can recite the six stories in his repertoire by heart, including all variations. I feel fortunate that hubby doesn’t want to turn into his father, so he spends family gatherings playing croquet.

Janice

3 Comments:

At 9:29 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Lucky for you, Roswell is 2,176.45 miles from you!!

 
At 12:59 PM, Blogger Carrie said...

Holy crap, that was funny. I think Janice is getting funnier than Chris.

I'm lucky. I work with my MIL. I guess I am not married but she is the boyfriend's mom. We have worked side by side for 10 1/2 years and get along great.

 
At 10:49 AM, Blogger twobuyfour said...

I agree with Carrie. C has lost his edge and I now prefer J's posts to his. They simply have more wit and humor per paragraph.

I can relate to the MIL syndrome. My fiance's mom is an absolute hoot and I love her to death. No one talks to my prospective FIL, so that's not an issue. My FORMER MIL and I absolutely did NOT see eye to eye. One of her favorite pasttimes was insulting and demeaning her daughter, my former spouse. My ex's sister has followed faithfully in her mother's evil shoes, and the two of them love to make her cry. Naturally, since I have self esteem and no compulsion to maintain social niceness with morons we didn't get along well. At. All.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home