Jiggle the Handle

What do men and women think in the bathroom? Look at a blog that examines what men and women think. We're a real couple with real, practical ideas about relationships.

Thursday, August 17, 2006

Typical Hypochondria

I’m sorry it’s taken me so long, but I’ve been in traction. My wife tends to get angry a bit when I don’t show the adequate amount of concern for all of her booboos. The funny thing is I think all women are like that. But, boy, you should hear how little sympathy I get when I stub my toe on something she or the baby left lying around.

I don’t know exactly when it happened, but, one day some time ago, my wife and I turned into old people. Every time she hears of some new disease, she thinks she has it. Every other week, it’s Eastern Equine Encephalitis, SARS, or the Super Flu. Likewise, all I want to do is take naps and criticize people for their inadequacies.

I went to sleep, and we were fun-loving college kids, and I woke up, and we were my parents. The only logical conclusion I can reach is that having a child ages the average person forty-five years in about sixteen minutes. (Have I mentioned how petrified I am of becoming my father and how fast it’s happening? Serenity now!)

So, ladies, I’m begging you… Just because you have a cough, a small fever, or Patrick Duffy growing out of your leg, don’t go running to the doctor. Do what any self-respecting man would do. Rub some dirt on it and get back in the game. Then, when you have to have surgery or have a limb amputated, you can blame your husband. Isn’t that nice? You’ll have something else to blame on your partner. As it is, I’m guessing most of you blame Communism, war, and bad hair days on him. Right?

Chris

(Note: If anyone can catch any of the pop culture references in this blog, I’ll virtually pat you on the back. See if you can get more than my wife.)

(Another note: The picture is Nikita Kruschev.)

5 Comments:

At 10:49 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oooooooohhhhh, I bet Janice just LOVES the "and we were my parents" line in this entry!! I bet she'll be leaving stuff all over the house for you to stub your tootsies on now!!

 
At 9:15 AM, Blogger Chris said...

Janice beat me with the rubber hose again last night because Nancy was so kind to point out my little comment. It was meant completely innocuously. I wasnt necessarily referring to "my parents." It was more parents in general. I'd explain more, but it is time for my morning beating.

Chris

 
At 1:27 PM, Blogger Carrie said...

Chris! She has a lump on her hand! That is not normal. Yes a cold is normal but a lump. No way!

And no I can't play your pop culture game because I am too dumb. :)

 
At 9:08 PM, Blogger twobuyfour said...

All I got was the Seinfeld reference to "serenity now!" I'm pretty sure Kruschev is not really a "pop culture reference". I guess I'm dumb too.

As far as aging goes, you're not alone. I turned in to my dad about a year and a half ago. My kids are 6 and 8 though, so I guess I'm a slow learner if it's normal to age at your kid's birth.

 
At 12:27 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Tee hee!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home