Jiggle the Handle

What do men and women think in the bathroom? Look at a blog that examines what men and women think. We're a real couple with real, practical ideas about relationships.

Monday, August 07, 2006

In The Name Of Science

Have I mentioned how much I love my husband? Despite his faults (since he reads this, I won’t get into it) he really does take one for the team. When there is only one brownie left, he gladly volunteers to finish it off (Not the ice cream though, he knows better). He spends a lot of time with his in-laws, but the reality is they are far more normal than his family, so I think he only PRETENDS to not want to. Until recently, my hubby would get up with the baby in the morning on rare occasions or if I begged, pleaded, and oh never mind, all of you women know what it takes. However, a new day has dawned.

In the name of science (more money than science but does it really matter?) my husband HAS to go to bed at 11pm and get up between 7.5 and 8.5 hours later. This started last Wednesday, and as far as I am concerned it can continue on until further notice. You see, in an effort to counteract the teacher lack of money, I calmly suggested that he sign himself up for a sleep study I saw advertised. What I told him is “only 3 nights away from home, and a decent amount of pocket money to pay the August bills”. What I was thinking is, three nights of watching what I want on TV, not having to share my ice cream, the whole bed to myself, not really needing to cook, and one less person to clean up after. When can you take him? And you can feel free to keep him as long as you would like.

I made out in this deal, big time. During the “at home” portion of the study, which he is doing right now, he will HAVE to get up with the baby, because the timing will be impeccable. Despite what he says, it is NOT because I am a mean wife who won’t let him sleep in. It is merely because he is obligated for the sake of science which coincidentally corresponds with our daughters sleeping needs. I could not have planned a better study myself!

Thanks honey!

Janice

3 Comments:

At 11:27 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

You ARE the smartest woman I know!!! Kudos to you, Janice!!

 
At 7:46 AM, Blogger twobuyfour said...

Oh come on. You make him out to be a saint or something. What husband WOULDN'T get up and feed the baby in the morning when backed in to a corner and given no choice by our spouse? We all would.

 
At 12:15 PM, Blogger Carrie said...

Now I know what is meant by you "whoring" him out that he has often mentioned on the other blog.

Haha! Good for you Janice.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home