Jiggle the Handle

What do men and women think in the bathroom? Look at a blog that examines what men and women think. We're a real couple with real, practical ideas about relationships.

Wednesday, August 02, 2006

Ice Cream

I had my greatest (and only) epiphany of the day today while doing my business. It’s hot as, well, I don’t even know HOW hot it is outside. The three of us are sick (thanks to the mother in law who visited last week) and damn it my throat hurts. That could only mean one thing. ICE CREAM.

If you are from New England, particularly Massachusetts, you can appreciate how ice cream is the #1 food group. Since my husband has only laid down his roots here over the past 10 years, he isn’t quite there yet. (He also marvels at how quickly me and my parents and sibling can devour an ice cream in seconds) I knew I would have to devise a plan to get him to agree to this, as he would much rather stay in where it is cool. But, this is ICE CREAM people, ICE.CREAM. So I didn’t exactly lie, but came up with a reason he could not deny. The baby.

Ok, my girl, while she does not look one lick like me, clearly has some of my genes. The kid loves ice cream as much as I do, if not more at the ripe old age of 2.5. She hadn’t eaten anything all day, and I wanted to get something in her. So, I used the ice cream excuse. It worked. It sooo worked and before I knew it, we were off to get ice cream. Go me.

Here is the downside, since my kid had nothing else substantial in her stomach today, I’m certain I’ll be changing damn dirty diapers all day tomorrow, if not sooner. Yipeeee. If I play my cards right, I can coerce the hubby into getting up with her in the morning, and bearing the brunt of the poopy stew. Am I really that lucky?

Stay Cool!
Janice

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home