Jiggle the Handle

What do men and women think in the bathroom? Look at a blog that examines what men and women think. We're a real couple with real, practical ideas about relationships.

Tuesday, August 15, 2006

The End Is Nigh

I saw my life flash before my eyes when the little bump appeared on my wrist. I asked my husband, "What do you think it is? Do you think it is ok?" Yes he replied, you are fine, I don't even see it. My response was, of course, "YOU MEAN TO TELL ME THAT YOU CAN'T SEE THE BASEBALL SIZED LUMP ON MY WRIST?!?!" You MUST be kidding! Not two minutes later, I was sick to my stomach worried by the fact that this huge mass on my hand just appeared out of nowhere, didn't hurt, and moved when my fingers moved.

The voice in my head was reminding me that my daughter could have a severed limb and my husband would say, oh she's fine, she just has a cold. With that, I became convinced that if he thought I was fine, I was surely going to die immediately of the c word (no, not THAT c word you dirty bird).

That was 2 weeks ago. I'm still here, so is my friend, the baseball on my wrist. I guess I will make use of our health insurance and call the doctor so they can have me come in just to tell me that I need to wait a couple of weeks and see what happens. Oh and by the way, give us your copay NOW! Maybe I'll save the gas money and just send them the cash.

4 Comments:

At 6:32 AM, Blogger twobuyfour said...

That sounds like a good idea. I always have the same issue with the occasional health problem. I wait and wait and wait to see if it gets better. When I've waited forever and start to have visions of what my tombstone will say ("Here lies 2x4, too stupid to go the Dr.") I finally go see the doctor and am invariably told, "You'll be fine. Take some Tylenol."

 
At 10:37 AM, Blogger Andrew McAllister said...

A friend had a similar lump in almost the same spot and ended up being diagnosed with mixed connective tissue disorder, which is in the same family as rheumatoid arthritis and lupus. Good luck hunting down the cause.
To Love, Honor and Dismay

 
At 1:45 PM, Blogger Carrie said...

That is scary. I don't think I would wait to go to the doctor.

 
At 5:28 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Feeling any better, Janice, after reading these comments?? LOL

I'll bet it's just a ganglion cyst. I had one and it eventually went away.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home