Jiggle the Handle

What do men and women think in the bathroom? Look at a blog that examines what men and women think. We're a real couple with real, practical ideas about relationships.

Thursday, September 14, 2006

Blah, blah blah, blah blah

Alright fellow women, please let me know that I am not the only one who hears "blah blah blah" in lieu of actual words when their husband speaks. I guess it is the female version of Active Ignorance . I mean seriously, I can only pretend to care about PS2 for so long. Then, it turns into blah blah blah.

I can only pretend to give a hoot about Lindsey Lohan or some other whorish young pretty girl that makes me feel bad about myself for about a nanosecond, then I hear blah blah blah.

I am sure I'm not alone, and I'd like to hear from those of you who feel the same way :)

Janice

5 Comments:

At 7:24 AM, Blogger twobuyfour said...

I'm sorry. I was going to read your post, but all I got was, "Alright fellow women, blah blah blah blah."

 
At 11:12 AM, Blogger Becka said...

You're not the only one...

 
At 12:15 PM, Blogger Carrie said...

Well I work with mine so there is so much talk all of the time. Just like a minute ago he was telling me something about what he read on dailykos.com and I was reading what you said. Who had the upper hand? You. He had to go back and repeat what he said because I clearly was not listening. I guess we are bad about that too.

 
At 8:33 PM, Blogger twobuyfour said...

You know, I was thinking about this post, and what C has stated as the underlying point of the two of you doing a blog together. As I understand it the two of you have difficulty finding common ground conversationally.

I am not a therapist, nor do I play one on tv. But I can't help but think that underneath all of the humor and exaggeration there's a kernel of truth to the "Blah Blah Blah" post. Husbands and wives don't always express themselves well to each other. I've had that problem with every woman I've ever had a relationship with, and I can't possibly be the only person (man or woman) who can say that.

I think finding something which you can both enjoy talking about is a good start. If C talks only of NFL, PS2, and Lindsay Lohan, then I think you are justified in limiting your interaction with him. But there's GOT to be things which you both enjoy. For Slim and I it's sitting in a coffee shop making fun of thise who walk by. Well, not always making fun of them. Sometimes we simply discuss them.

This comment is WAY to long. I'll continue it on my own blog.

 
At 11:32 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh look! Free therapy for all your readers!!

I'm with you all the way on this one Janice!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home