Jiggle the Handle

What do men and women think in the bathroom? Look at a blog that examines what men and women think. We're a real couple with real, practical ideas about relationships.

Thursday, September 21, 2006

I think I have a husband

I think I have a husband, I really can't be sure though. You see, we have reached a crazy amount of craziness in our life, and we only know the other one exists because of the mess left behind by the other, not because we see eachother. (Ok, the truth is, I know HE exists because of the mess he leaves behind, I however, never leave a mess :) )

Today is Thursday, and at 830 tonight, we will see eachother for the first time since Sunday. Now, in some respects, this is a very useful tool to maintaining a successful marriage. We don't see each other so how in the world could we possibly fight? Good question. I often wonder how we manage to pull that off myself.

When 830 rolls around, you would think we might want to sit and talk, catch up on the week. Sadly, we will both want to veg on the couch doing our own thing because it takes far too much energy to converse at that late hour. (Did I mention we are getting OLD?)

Such is life. From what I hear it will get much worse before it gets better. We do manage to talk on the phone a few times a day. That is nice. He says bye in the morning before he goes to work, and I try to mumble something akin to I love you, have a good day in my state of unconciousness. At night, when I get in from work, it's the same ol' routine. Except, he is snoring away, and I'm the one trying to convey my goodnight wishes.

I shouldn't complain, we have it good overall, but I think that is why we both go into shock when we have these periods of feeling like the other doesn't even exist. He is home A LOT over the summer, and I guess we are spoiled. Geez, if he would only get a year round job, then we wouldn't have this problem. Kidding of course.

Honey, if you see this, hi. I'll see you tonight, maybe :)

Janice

17 Comments:

At 11:58 AM, Blogger Carrie said...

Awww, that is so sweet. My relationship used to be that way. Now we even work together. Jeez.

Maybe tonight you two will have the energy to actually talk.

*hugs*

 
At 7:14 AM, Blogger twobuyfour said...

Talking is overrated. Set the alarm clock for 1AM. You get up, have sex, go back to sleep. Repeat every 24 hours, or as needed.

As long as the bank account remains full and the baby remains alive all is good.

 
At 8:30 AM, Blogger B.R.L said...

I came from Dr John's blog. You are the blog of the day. He is also my husband who until he retired was "I think I have a husband". Now we are usually together. At this monent we are on side by side computers.

 
At 10:16 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm also here from Dr. John's, but not another wife. Betty's the one and only in his life (now there's a marriage to look at for inspiration).

I'm afraid my husband is also one I suspect exists due to the trail he leaves behind. It's not uncommon for him to leave at 5:00 in the morning and not get home until 8:00 at night. The only good thing (aside from the paychecks) is that I have undisputed control of the remote.

 
At 10:20 AM, Blogger ArtsyTartsyViray said...

I'm here from Dr. John..

I'm no wife.. but for the longest time "i think i had a father".. my dad's the same way.. work.. work.. work...

I mean.. we always got what we wanted.. and we know the meaning of hard work.. but it's kinda hard to hold a conversation with him.. seeing that.. we kinda don't know each othr like my mom and i know each other..

Do I make sense? It's Monday.. so I probably don't..

 
At 10:35 AM, Blogger Bazza said...

I'm a husband who actually sees quite a lot of his wife, and i wouldn't change that. Here from Dr John.

 
At 11:05 AM, Blogger Catch said...

I say whatever works! And it seems to be working for you!!! I am here via of the incredible Dr. John.

 
At 12:12 PM, Blogger Louisiana said...

i hope you get some more time with each other soon and more constant. send with love from Dr. John's.

 
At 2:07 PM, Blogger Jerry Bowley said...

I defintely don't have a husband. For that to ever happen, I'd have to live in some Twin Peaks-esque town (like the one in Dr. John's backyard)... Or perhaps go on a 7-day drinking binge in one of the more "liberal" States!

I love you, man! (hic)

 
At 2:08 PM, Blogger Jerry Bowley said...

I defintely don't have a husband. For that to ever happen, I'd have to live in some Twin Peaks-esque town (like the one in Dr. John's backyard)... Or perhaps go on a 7-day drinking binge in one of the more "liberal" States!

I love you, man! (hic)

 
At 2:54 PM, Blogger to touch a unicorn said...

Reminds me of that movie "Lady Hawk" have you seen it? Together, but in seperate worlds.
I wish you togetherness :)
A traveller from dr.john.
Sandy

 
At 6:16 PM, Blogger Neoma said...

I think you may have found the key to a happy marriage........tima apart. Don't they say absence makes the heart grow fonder. In you guys case, the heart should be bursting with fondness. haha

I talk to my blogging friends more than I do to my husband, but then we have reached those years in our marriage where words just aren't necessary anymore, we just grunt....

A Dr. John blogger here.....

 
At 7:19 PM, Blogger Cindy said...

I had to laugh at Nea's "we just grunt..."- probably because our conversations quite often consist of the same thing. They say if you live with a person long enough that you get to be just like them- now that is something I find scary!
Another one of Dr. John's loyal followers...

 
At 9:04 PM, Blogger Margaret said...

My husband works from home most of the time. He does have an office - but I think that is a place for him to take all of his computer parts and messes too. If not, I wouldn't have a clear kitchen table still!

Stopping by after leaving Dr. John's this evening. He told me you had Free Kittens to give away. I don't see any stinkin' kittens but I did find a very nice blog! Great Blogging Janice and Chris.

 
At 9:06 PM, Blogger Sue said...

I think life was better when the wife stayed home and took care of the house and the kids. The husband came home to a semi clean house and a homecooked meal. I don't think we women did ourselves any favors by going to work. Look where it got us. Tired and alone. Do we really need all the "stuff" we accumulate? I wonder if Dr. John would agree?

 
At 9:51 PM, Blogger Charlene Amsden said...

The happiest time of my marriage was when my husband worked out of state. He'd come home for five days once a month, but his paycheck came home every two weeks ....

Actually, once a month we had a lovely honeymoon. We took the time to take time for and appreciate each other. If you can find the energy to do that, you'll discover it well worthwhile.

Dr. John sent me to jiggle the handle.

 
At 6:14 AM, Blogger twobuyfour said...

Good lord! You've been infested by Dr. John!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home