Jiggle the Handle

What do men and women think in the bathroom? Look at a blog that examines what men and women think. We're a real couple with real, practical ideas about relationships.

Wednesday, December 27, 2006

The Christmas Letdown

I guess I am rather scrooge-ish. As soon as we walked in the door from our Christmas Day madness, all I could think of was taking our tree and various decorations DOWN. Of course, it is two days later and it is all still up. But, it isn't my fault! The kid and I are both sick as heck. I guess that is forcing us to stay in the holiday spirit a little bit longer. That is, if you consider laying on the couch hacking a lung up unable to breathe being in the holiday spirit!

And now, the moment you have all been waiting for! What exactly was IN those two bags under the Christmas tree that were for me?!?! Any guesses? Come on, don't cheat, submit your guesses before you ruin the fun!

And the answer is: A new bathroom rug! Ok, not only a new bathroom rug but also some gingerbread scented bath stuff and a gift card to Old Navy! Sadly, the new bathroom rug is my favorite gift. This is what my life has become! Oh, and my other favorite gift was from my sister. Are you ready for this? New cookie sheets!

I fully expect that all of you will now comment about how much of a life I need to go find. And, that is ok. I understand, and I agree. In the meantime, I am going to go sit on the rug in my bathroom and bake cookies because it is just THAT awesome.

4 Comments:

At 9:47 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Pathetic...

 
At 2:46 AM, Blogger Mr. Nauton said...

I don't think it's pathetic... my wife says she really really likes her new toilet seat (clear acrylic with seashells and sand inside) and one of my fave gifts is new measuring cups and spoons (shiny silver w/ cool black foam handles) -- so it's all in the eye of the reciever. Merry christmas and Happy 2007!

 
At 2:52 AM, Blogger Mr. Nauton said...

...unless you were being sarcastic, in which case I feel stupid. I was serious about our gifts, my wife says she really likes it.

 
At 4:34 PM, Blogger DAWN Literary Magazine said...

Well, they do say it's the thought that counts, and anyway, you seem happy enough.
I hope you are all better now and have a wonderful 2007

 

Post a Comment

<< Home